The Settlement Agreement Amendment posted here extends the digital accessibility settlement agreement reached between E*Trade and two blind investors in Structured Negotiation. In extending the agreement, E*Trade continues its leadership role in making its website, mobile applications, and trading platforms available to investors and members of the public with disabilities.
- Visit the Accessibility Statement on the E*Trade website
- Read the June, 2016 E*Trade Digital Accessibility Settlement Agreement
- Read the 2016 press release announcing the E*Trade digital accessibility settlement agreement.
- Jump to a Simplified Summary of this Article, a feature of this website designed to meet WCAG Success Criteria 3.1.5 (a WCAG 2.1 AAA Reading Level requirement).
AMENDMENT TO SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT
WHEREAS, On June 1, 2016, Victor Tsaran, Pratik Patel, and E*TRADE Financial Corporation (“the Parties”) entered into a Settlement Agreement between them regarding the accessibility of www.etrade.com (“Settlement Agreement”);
WHEREAS, The parties now, in March 2018, desire to amend the Settlement Agreement to further extend its term and corresponding dates;
NOW, THEREFORE, The parties agree and enter into this First Amendment to Settlement Agreement as follows:
Victor Tsaran, Pratik Patel, and E*TRADE Financial Corporation agree to amend the Settlement Agreement by replacing Paragraph 2 with the following:
2. Duration of Settlement Agreement. The terms of the Full Agreement shall remain in effect from the Effective Date until March 31, 2020.
The remaining provisions of the Settlement Agreement remain in full force and effect as set forth in the Settlement Agreement.
Executed: March 5, 2018.
E*TRADE Financial Corporation
John Bersin, Senior Vice President
APPROVED AS TO FORM
Attorneys for Claimants
GOLDSTEIN, BORGEN, DARDARIAN & HO (by Linda M. Dardarian)
LAW OFFICE OF LAINEY FEINGOLD (by Lainey Feingold)
Attorneys for E*TRADE
SEYFARTH, SHAW (by Kristina Launey)