Structured Negotiation and Lainey’s experience with digital accessibility has attracted the attention of the legal, disability, mainstream, and digital accessibility/usability media. This page includes an image of Lainey Feingold during an appearance on Canadian public television on The Agenda with Steve Paikin.
Find links to this show, as well as other media and podcast interviews, in the list below. Find links to Lainey’s recorded presentations on the Speaking Page.
Interviews with Lainey Feingold
- December, 2018 interview on MyShingle about Digital Accessibility Law and Structured Negotiation. Part of a series titled “41 Legal Practice Areas that Didn’t Exist 15 Years Ago.”
- August, 2018 interview (audio and transcript) with Day Al-Mohamed on Day in Washington: The Disability Policy Podcast
- February, 2018 2-part interview (audio and transcript) with Nic Steenhout on the A11y Rules Podcast
- July 27, 2017 interview (captioned video) on Web ABLE.tv for 27th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- March 24, 2017 interview (captioned video) with Christopher Schmitt on the Non Breaking Space podcast.
- March 13, 2017 interview (captioned video) on Accessible Media Inc. in Toronto.
- February 13, 2017 Interview about Structured Negotiation on the Canadian public television show, The Agenda with Steve Paikin.
- January 17, 2017 interview on Disability Matters with Joyce Bender.
- January 16, 2017 interview with Alice Wong of the Disability Visibility Project, “Technology, Access & Structured Negotiation“
- January 4, 2017 interview on San Francisco NPR station KALW’s Cross Currents with host Hana Baba: “Local disability rights lawyer offers alternative to lawsuits” Transcript included.
- Interview with AccessWorld® in December 2016 A Conversation with Lainey Feingold about her new book, Structured Negotiation: a Winning Alternative to Lawsuits
- December 6, 2016 interview with Berkeleyside Berkeley lawyer on the secret to avoiding lawsuits
- December 6, 2016 interview with Alison Monahan in the Law School Toolbox podcast (with transcript) Learn about Structured Negotiation and Disability Rights
- November 30, 2016 interview with Debra Ruh in the Human Potential at Work Podcast (with transcript) The Power of Structured Negotiation
- Interview in November 2016 with Hastings College of the Law Lainey Feingold ’81 discusses her new book on Structured Negotiation and her tactics in dispute resolution
- Interview with T.R. Reid, Reid My Mind Structured Negotiation, Not Just for Lawyers
- In May 2016 Structured Negotiation was the subject of an article in The Indiana Lawyer titled “An Alternative Alternative Dispute Resolution Process.” Indiana Lawyer Melissa Keyes, author of the piece, writes that “Structured negotiation, as clichéd as it sounds, may be the first truly win-win solution and should be considered a promising alternative ADR strategy.”
- In October 2015 Lainey was the guest on AXSChat, an international social media community focused on inclusion of disabled people in all aspects of society. Watch the captioned video of the AXSChat interview with Lainey
- In August 2015 Lainey was interviewed by the Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology (PEAT), a federally-funded initiative to increase employment of disabled people through accessible technology. Read the PEAT interview with Lainey Feingold
- In September 2015 Lainey was interviewed about her work in J Weekly, the San Francisco Bay Area’s Jewish newspaper. Read J Weekly’s interview with Lainey Feingold
- In February 2015 Lainey was interviewed by British accessibility expert Jonathan Hassell for inclusion in his text and video-based book Including your missing 20% by embedding web and mobile accessibility. Watch the captioned interview with Lainey Feingold about Structured Negotiation.
- In April 2014 Lainey was featured as part of the podcast series conducted by Sarah Horton and Whitney Quesenbery, the authors of A Web for Everyone. You can read a transcript or listen to the April 2014 Web for Everyone podcast and transcript about Structured Negotiation.
- Structured Negotiation was the topic on the February 2014 Eyes on Success program. You can listen to or review a transcript of a February, 2014 Eyes on Success podcast about Structured Negotiation
- In August 2013 the New York Times published Lainey’s letter to the editor about the digital divide and people with disabilities. Read the post about the disability digital divide and the New York Times letter.
- In December, 2013, the American Bar Association profiled Lainey Feingold and Linda Dardarian’s Structured Negotiation achievements. Read the ABA Journal article about Structured Negotiation.
- Also in December 2013 the Access World Magazine, published by the American Foundation for the Blind, included a profile titled ‘Lainey Feingold: The Power of Structured Negotiation’ by journalist Deborah Kendrick.
- Lainey’s work was also featured in two articles about Structured Negotiation appearing in the legal press in 2007. Read the Law.com article about Structured Negotiation. Read the Daily Journal article about Structured Negotiation.
Digital Accessibility and Disability Rights News Stories Quoting Lainey Feingold
- Domino’s Could Fuck Up the Internet for People With Disabilities Because They Won’t Just Fix Their Website, Gizmodo August 6, 2019
- ADA questions remain over web accessibility cases and the lack of DOJ regulations, ABA Journal, July 1, 2019
- How to Make a Website Accessible, ABA Journal, July 1, 2019
- Bad braille plagues buildings across U.S., CBS News Radio investigation finds, CBS News Radio, June 28, 2019
- Disabled residents in the D.C. region face obstacles when searching for housing, report says, Washington Post, March 20, 2019
- Galleries from A-Z Sued Over Websites the Blind Can’t Use, New York Times, February 18, 2019
- A New Era for Disability Rights, Inside Higher Education, November 2016
- Web More Accessible to Those with Disabilities, San Franicsco Chronicle, January 1, 2010