Continuing its collaboration with the American Council of the Blind (ACB) announced in 2011, the American Cancer Society is making additional documents available in Braille and Large Print. Jump to Braille and Large Print document list.
The American Cancer Society (ACS) is also continuing to provide a website that meets WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards. More information about ACS’ initiative to ensure an inclusive website is available on the ACS site. Read the Accessibility Policy on the American Cancer Society website now.
In addition to its accessible website and Braille and Large Print information, all American Cancer Society publications and brochures three pages or longer are available in Audio CD, Audio MP3 and electronic format sent as an email attachment or mailed on a disc. Brochures with fewer than 3 pages are available in electronic formats.
ACS’ accessibility initiative resulted from its participation in Structured Negotiations with the American Council of the Blind. The Law Office of Lainey Feingold and Linda Dardarian of the Oakland California civil rights firm of Goldstein, Demchak, Baller, Borgen and Dardarian represented the ACB in the negotiations. Learn more about Structured Negotiations.
How to Ordering Braille, Large Print, Audio and Electronic Formats from the American Cancer Society
Please call 1-800-227-2345 to order American Cancer Society information in formats other than standard print. Staff have been trained to provide assistance to people who are blind and visually impaired.
You can also order materials on line using the American Cancer Society Contact Form and selecting “ACS Materials” in the subject line. Visit the American Cancer Society Accessibility Information page for more information.
Documents Available in Braille and Large Print
The following documents can be ordered free of charge from the American Cancer Society by calling 1-800-227-2345
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors in Adults (D103.00)
- Breast Cancer (D104.00)
- Colorectal Cancer (D107.00)
- Prostate Cancer (D117.00)
- Skin Cancer: Basal and Squamous Cell – Overview (D118.99)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma – Overview (D178.99)
- Understanding Chemotherapy (D5024.00)
- Understanding Radiation (D5025.00)
- What is Cancer? – All Sections (D6041.00)
- A Message of Hope: Coping with Cancer (D6684.00)
- Guide To Quitting Smoking (D6696.00)
- Talking with Your Doctor (D6714.00)
- Lung Cancer (Non-small cell) (D6976.00)
- Helping a Smoker Quit – Do’s and Don’ts (D6946.000
- 2011 Press Release about the American Cancer Society Accessible Information Initiative
- Post about the 2011 Settlement Agreement between the American Council of the Blind and the American Cancer Society
- 2011 Full Settlement Agreement with American Council of the Blind
- 2012 Extension to Full Settlement Agreement