On June 8 Walmart announced that it is now providing the ScripTalk Talking Prescription Containers free of charge to persons with visual impairments as part of a pilot program. The ScripTalk Talking Prescription program is being offered to customers across the country through Walmart mail order, and also at three Walmart stores. Read the Walmart press release.
Information you need to order Talking Prescription Containers from Walmart
- To listen to the talking label provided by Walmart, you will need to first get a reading device from Envision America, the company that makes ScripTalk. The device is called the ScripTalk reader (or the ScripTalk machine) and is available free of charge to Walmart customers who are blind.
- You only need to order the device once: it will work with the Talking Prescription labels you receive repeatedly from Walmart.
- Contact En-Vision America at 800-890-1180 to order your free ScripTalk talking prescription reader. Envision America will also be able to answer many questions regarding insurance coverage and costs and discounts for Walmart prescriptions.
- After you talk to Envision America, you will need to call Walmart to order your prescription medication. The phone number for the Walmart Mail Order pharmacy is 1-800-273-3455 (1-800-2-REFILL). When you order your prescription tell them you want the Talking Prescription label (also known as the ScripTalk label). There is no extra charge for the label.
- Walmart is currently also offering the Talking Prescription labels in the following three stores. As with mail order, you will need to contact both the Walmart store (for the prescription medication) and Envision America (for the ScripTalk reader (also called the ScripTalk machine)).*214 Haynes St., Talladega, AL 35160 (256) 761-1681
*2270 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38801 (662) 844-4011
*601 Englewood Pkwy., Englewood, CO 80110 (303) 789-7209
The Law Office of Lainey Feingold welcomes feedback about the Walmart Talking Prescription Container pilot. Please use the Contact Form on this website or call 1-800-822-5000, the toll free number for co-counsel Goldstein, Demchak, Baller, Borgen and Dardarian