The United States Department of Justice has now made the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design available on line. The Standards were included in the revised ADA regulations announced by the Department in September, 2010, but the 257 page document was not on line until November 15, 2010.
The Standards include, for the first time, detailed requirements for Talking ATMs.
- Read the new Talking ATM technical section of 2010 Standards on the DOJ website
- Read the new scoping section for Talking ATMs in the 2010 Standards on the DOJ website
Other Resources for the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Launch Page for 2010 ADA Standards (includes links to PDF and HTML versions of both Standards and Guidance on new Standards)
- HTML version of 2010 ADA Standards
- Read the earlier post on LFLegal about the Talking ATM regulations
Follow @LFLegal on Twitter for information about Talking ATMs and U.S. Department of Justice accessibility regulations.